Monday, November 23, 2009

Twitter Movie Night?

So I was on teh Twitter and I had an idea: watching a movie as a group on Twitter and tweeting each other about it. No idea what that movie will be or anything, but I thought a blog post is a good place to start.

The basic idea is that we will share, in short text bursts, sarcastic comments and deep inner thought about a movie of mutual interest. I believe that finding a movie that will be acceptable to all shall be the first challenge, given that we are several different people with many different tastes. I like just about anything, as long as it doesn't star Hugh Grant or is produced by MTV. Beyond that, we can talk.

Secondly, we need a hashtag to put it on teh Twitter. I was thinking #twitternmovie but I have no idea if that's gonna work or something. Thoughts.

Comments are down there!

5 comments:

Mark said...

I'm good with pretty much anything.

Andre Vienne said...

Hmm. I'm in, of course, but I don't know what movie we should watch.

I do say that we should avoid newer movies, and stick to slightly more obscure ones. But that's just because I have a lot of obscure movies.

Legend of the Eight Samurai (Sonny Chiba), I found for one dollar at Wal-Mart. It's short (56 minutes) and terrible. A good test-run movie.

Veritas said...

True, but keep in mind I intend to "obtain" my "movies" with "torrenting". I've never heard of this 8 Samurai Legend. Let's see what Jaki and others say.

Mark, I knew you'd be easy.

Jaki said...

I think for at least the first time we should stick to something that we all can get ahold of relatively easy. I don't have a Wal-Mart near me and I don't exactly want to have to buy something.
Lets pick a genre and then throw out some examples then vote.

Veritas said...

Yeah, I'm with her. I'm all for something classic, to be honest.

Post a Comment