Saturday, May 12, 2012

I got to play Magic: The Gathering with @jteberhard!

I got to play Magic: The Gathering with JT Eberhard the other day! We used the Cockatrice program, and it was pretty cool. Jen has always said he's a great guy, and it was really neat to sit there and toss cards out with an icon of the modern atheist movement. We did an Avacyn Restored draft and played a couple games of Legacy format.

Here's the deck I use:

Land:
20x Plains

Artifacts:
3x Throne of Empires
3x Crown of Empires
3x Scepter of Empires

Enchantments:
1x Cathars' Crusade

Instants:
4x Disenchant
2x Enlightened Tutor

Creatures:
4x Ballyrush Banneret
4x Daru Warchief
3x Field Marshal
3x Veteran Swordsmith
2x Captain of the Watch
1x Gerrard Capashen
1x Darien, King of Kjeldor
1x Longbow Archer
2x Goldnight Commander
3x Veteran Armorer

The deck revolves around using the Empires set to general a plethora of 1/1 Soldier tokens that turn out to be 3/6 Soldier tokens with first strike and vigilance. The addition of Cathars' Crusade has made the deck very potent very quickly with the addition of counters - I may be adding a second at some point. I keep a few other enchantments in my sidedeck, just in case, as well as a couple spare creatures. I intend to get a playset of Longbow Archers soon, to replace the Veteran Armorers. This gives me the ability to defend against flying creatures, which are featured in several opposing decks here.

Anyway, if anyone ever wants to play on Cockatrice, let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment